Monday, July 21, 2008

Today Dom is 5'9"






Fight like hell Dom! It's like you're running a marathon and we're all on the sidelines praying in support! I'm very thankful to Palumbo for reading my card to you about a week ago, but I'd like to reiterate how much we've got you covered in prayer! You truly have a remarkable soul that stirs our own awareness to be like you, react with grace like you, have multitudes of friends like you, family that go to no end for you, and have that strength that emulates a survivor, like you. I miss seeing your handsome face around with the crew, not to mention your wit, mostly sarcastic humor, funky dance moves, and carpe diem attitude. Keep on fighting buddy, cuz God's got you in his hands and isn't letting go. I am grateful for this blog, and am inspired by the strength of your friends and family. God is with you and so are we. Much love, Sabrina


I am Kathy Cross Davis, Dom's cousin. It has taken me along time to write, I guess because when a family member or friend is sick it makes you think of your mortality or that of your own children or spouse. I worked for my Aunt Jane when I was 17 years old at my Dad's office, I was so afraid I was going to make a mistake etc. etc. my 1st job and all but it helped get me to Japan with West High Chamber Singers. I felt like such a dork when I was working so I was so thrilled when Aunt Jane called me to watch Dominic when I think he was about 18mos old. He was so cute long golden curls like his Dad(except the golden part)and great big beautiful eyes like his Mom. He was very quiet and observed everything. My oldest son and he are the same age and I had to laugh when many of Dom's friends said he could remember everything about things that had happened in his life. My son Stephen and he must have been conspiring back then because he is the same way. I just want Dom, Amy, Aunt Jane, and Uncle Don to know that our family prays for them daily and I think of them always and feel it was such a blessing that I could watch Dom during that time in his life. What a great blessing that he has woke to spend more time with his family. God Bless, Kathy


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although my interactions with Dom have been few, I have witnessed from the periphery his amazing attitude and strength in the face of adversity. He is truly a unique and awe-inspiring soul. I have been reading the blogs, and have been in touch with his friends and have witnessed the amazing love that so many share for him. I, and so many others who know of Dom, are inspitred daily to Bring It. I want to share one of my favorite quotes that truly speaks to what I have witnessed these past months.

"The beauty of the soul shines through when a man deals with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper." - Aristotle

Dom is and continues to be a hero for so many.

God Bless.

Sally