Monday, July 14, 2008

Messags...

From Kacey-
So I have been hesitant to write this because I felt like it would be more about Scoob then Dom, but then I realized learning more about Dom through Scoob is probably the best way to get to know him. Scoob has been one of my best friends for I think about 13 years now. I have also known Dom since this time at BHS. Even though we have never been close we have always hung around in the same large group of friends. When Scoob and Dom rekindled the flame, I was so happy for her and I saw her light up in ways I have never seen before. I was around for part 1 of Dom and Scoob and was happy to welcome part 2. As there relationship grew Matt (my husband) and I also got to spend more time with Dom. I enjoyed Dom's company immensely on Super Bowl because I was not the only one screaming at the TV or showing my dislike of the Manning Brothers. I am a Patriots fan so to say the least the day was not a happy one, but I enjoyed someone being on my side.
I have learned more about Dom over these blogs then I have ever known. His character is lifted to such an inspiring place because of the friendships he has made over the years. Not all people have friends like Dom does. I will say that I know for a fact that Dom must be an amazing person in order to have such an incredible woman like Scoob love him unconditionally. For all of you who have not have the privilege to know Scoob, she is kind, funny, honest and one of the greatest friends a person could have. I may not have known Dom that well but I am learning more and more everyday by the love that Scoob has for him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Dom, Scoob, Don, Jane, Amy and all of the friends and family in this fight together.
All My Love,Kacey (Mitchell) Tatsuno

From Debbie:
Dear Friends,
I feel that we are friends as we have been on this journey together, cheering the “Dom” team to victory! Yesterday Clinton and I got to visit Dom, Jane and Don and had the pleasure of meeting Justin and Tommy. Before we prayed for Dom, Jane said that someone connected to Scoob had flown from Northern California that morning to anoint Dom with oil representing the Holy Spirit and pray the prayer of faith for his healing. How awesome! Seeing Dom in the bed, he appeared to be taking a little nap. In this coma-state, Jane said that he hadn’t moved hands or feet for a few days. God says in His Word that we have not because we ask not and we ask amiss. So, there are specific things I noted yesterday that would be important points to come into agreement about. Won’t you please join me in prayer?
1) Pray that the tumor would dry up and shrink and that it would leave no residual effects from the depression on his brain. Pray that all the ganglia roots would die. Pray that great mental activity would be restored and cognitive and physical skills would return.
2) Pray that his organs would work the way they were made to work. God says Dominic is “fearfully and wonderfully made.” Pray for his digestive, respiratory tracts. Decree his organs…kidneys, liver, pancreas, lungs and heart would work in perfect alignment with each other and that no undue stress would remain.
3) Pray for his blood cells to come into balance and for the oxygen to be at healthy strong levels in his blood. Pray for his strong immune system.
4) Pray for his brain to send stimulus to his arms, hands, legs and feet to move and receive signals again. Pray for complete restoration according to Jeremiah 30:17 and that Dom’s future according to Jeremiah 29:11 would come to pass.
5) Lastly, pray for Jane and Don. They sleep on one small cot at night and fill the room 24/7 with their love for Dom. Their wells have not run dry. They are deep. Pray for their continued favor with hospital staff and for restoration to overcome them. Let the joy of the Lord be their strength, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Debbie Shick


A poem written by our daughter Debbie, who battles her own illness daily, to remind us what our noble nephew Dominic moves toward. With everlasting love, Uncle Dave, Aunt Jeanne, Jennifer, Debbie & Grant Cross

Exodus

Chasing the mirage
I know it is not real
But that does not matter

I like looking toward
The lushness
My thirst has conjured

Step after step
Sand sifts through my toes
The milk of coconuts
And the sounds of trickling waters
Beckon me onward

Smiling through parched lips
I know the illusion is not a trick
But a gift of the imagination

I close my eyes
The perfumes of exotic flowers
Come to me on the breeze

I kneel and gaze out to the glimmering distance
Palm trees and waterfalls sing out their welcome
And there YOU are, waving to me
And I realize this is not as oasis of fantasy
I journey toward...
This is Heaven

Deborah Cross
2007


Good evening....

I've been thinking all week of how no one really knows the impact each of us has on each other. Once I saw Mike Willis' post, it reminded me that I don't think I ever heard Dominic say anything in the 25 years I've known Don and Jane -- yet -- Dom and his family have had great influence on my family.

All through the years I've listened to the activities of Dominic and Amy growing up. Whenever I would visit Don to help me with my latest work project, we would always talk about our kids first. Heck -- he even designed my girls' birth announcements! Anyway, sometimes I would be so frustrated with the stages my girls would be going through (they are younger than Dom and Amy). Don would listen and then give me counsel on what he and Jane went through and how I should just chill out a little...many times I have thought back over Don's advice and it really did help.

When Dominic went off to Otis, I remember many stories that Don shared with me -- quite proudly, I might add! A few years rolled by and then I was agonizing over what to do with my oldest daughter Erika and college. Don used to let her pick up scraps of foam core board when she was little. We talked about her artistic bent and Don would always go back to examples he and Jane had with Dominic and Otis. My husband was in Iraq at the time, and I was tearing my hair out, so the counsel I received was invaluable at a time when I really needed it.

The silent thread that ran through all of this as an example of success was Dominic. Erika is now about ready to enter her senior year at Otis. I know there were times she was ready to give up, but I know the words of Don and Jane, and Dom's continued success have helped her more than any of them will ever know.

Much love to you all.....
Maureen Buscher-Dang

No comments: