Thursday, July 3, 2008

Some More Messages of Love...

From Sam Benham:
I am so happy that I was able to grow up with a guy like Dominic to look up to. He always seemed bigger then life and over the past years I've realized that he is. Whether it was Dominic getting the haunted house ready for my parents Halloween party or going over to the Wayne/Tacketts to have a few beers with the older guys. I have the fondest memories of the time I spent with Dom. His toughness is unmatched and he has shown all of us something remarkable with his battle against cancer. Dom, I'll always remember to BRING IT thanks to the badass that you are!
Love, Sam Benham

From Carolyn:
Hello...I have never met Dominic but after being introduced to this blog, I genuinely wish I had. I think we all have these phases in life when we walk around in a cloudy mental state trying to figure out what our purpose is, what path we should walk down, who likes us for who we genuinely are, what we want to be when we grow up, etc. Upon reading these wonderfully inspiring and touching letters you all have written, it dawned on me...how dare I spend one more minute of my life here on earth worrying about what hasn't happened yet?!?! The journey is what it's all about...the road to becoming the best 'you' that you can be. The journey to forging life long friends that hopefully you make a positive lasting impression on, and them the same. Making an impact in this lifetime and on others that is so much greater than the tangible. I am thoroughly enjoying reading about Dom's journey, his purpose seems way beyond anything I can comprehend and he inspires people that never even knew him to be better. Thank you for reminding me to appreciate the 'now'...its called the present for a reason.
The most sincere and heartfelt prayers from Texas for Dom and his family.
~Carolyn (Ruthie's friend)

From Rebecca Kellawan
Thank you Amy T. for sending me this link!!
My name is Rebecca Kellawan and I really got to know Dom in art class at BHS. I had the privilege to be in independent art with him for our senior year and enjoyed every class we shared together. Although at the time we hung out with the same group of friends, I really got to know him as the artist and as the unique individual he really is during our 50 minutes of creative time before lunch.
I looked forward to everyday we got to joke around, compete against one another, and snack on doritos and pretzels (which he usually stole from me :) His passion for art and his creative talent gave him an intensity that was easy to be drawn to and reflective of his genuine soul.

After we graduated I was lucky enough to visit him in LA while he was going to Otis and got to see his final presentation in his toy making class. Of course he nailed it and after not talking to him for so long.... I was ecstatic to read that he is a toy designer for Mattel!!! I was always impressed by his commitment and determination to accomplish the goals he set for himself.
Since my family and I moved away from Bakersfield and Southern California I feel like I have been somewhat out of the loop, thanks again to Amy T. for keeping me informed of all the major events that have taken place the last 7 years. :) Even though I have not spoken or hung out with Dom in a long time, he is one of those people who I will always cherish the fun, dorky, and often ridiculous times we shared :) After reading all the wonderful stories and comments that have been posted about Dom I am glad that I was lucky enough to have those special interactions with him. He truly leaves an everlasting impression with those that he interacts with. And for that reason I know he will BRING IT!
Much love to you Dominic!!
Rebecca


No comments: