Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More Messages...

From Sure Benham:
Dominic, Amy, Don & Jane represent to me all the best about rasing a family in our old Westchester neighborhood. My most vivid memories of Dom have to be the October afternoons in our backyard during the weeks leading up to our annual Halloween party. My little guys, Herbie and Sam, would race home from Franklin School knowing that Dominic, Benji, Larkin & Jeff would soon be there to woak on the haunted house in our garage. Those were golden afternoons, magical times in Herbie's and Sam's childhood and in my life as a mom. Dominic, the creative genius, always included the younger kids in his life of imagination and let them help and play. Later on, I remember Dom's amazing haunted creations in the Ambriz' front yard on Elm Street, always the most exciting stop for Thomas on Halloween. Also I remember Dom taking the time to apply an amazingly disfigured horrifying face mask to Sam when Sam was 9 or 10. (There was nothing Sam liked better than scaring me.) One of my gifts from Dominic was that I saw him not only through my own eyes, but also through the eyes of my children. As Katie, said, he was the boys' hero while Amy was the gold standard for Katie. I always knew that Amy helped raise my children. Now I realize that Dominic did, too. And his lessons of the past two and a half years have been the most profound of all. Don and Jane, what a gift you have given us. Love always, Sue

From Aunt Jeanne:
How blessed we all are to have Dominic Amy, Jane and Don in our lives. What joy we share as friends and family are sharing their experiences with Dom.The saying "you can tell a lot about a person by the company he keeps" comes to my mind. What a wonderful group you all are!I am Dominic's Aunt Jeanne and agree with so much I have read. Dom always brings his best and brings out the best in others. His wacky humor and zest are interwoven with his quiet center and gentle kindness. Jane and Don are the most special people.So creative, loving, calm, positive and fun. Amy and Dom couldn't have better parents.Many of us have loved and admired them as long as we have known them.Rising to Dom's bar just now is hard, but I believe when God trusted Dominic with this battle HE knew that Dom would show us how it's done. BRING IT! Dom always does.I love you Dom and send all my heart and prayers to you, Amy, Jane and DonLove you always, Aunt Jeanne

From Bill and Marilyn McNamara
My husband Bill is one of Don's oldest highschool friends who after years of being busy raising families etc., caught up with each other again about four years ago. I loved them immediately and we enjoyed getting to know each other and having fun but kept hearing, "just wait til you meet Dominic" and it was clear they adored him. When we did finally meet him we could see why. He was adorable, friendly and welcoming. He and Bill had weights and physical conditioning in common and we were so glad to finally meet him.
It has been heart warming to read of the love and affection for Dom from his friends and family but not surprising. Dom and Amy were raised by very special, devoted parents who love loving their children. I know that being together with his family is Dom's favorite thing to do, catching up with Amy and playing with Mattie and enjoying wonderful family dinners. Kicking art ideas around with his Dad and just hanging out with them. I remember Jane telling me of a day when Dom was home in Cambria for a weekend and he had spent several hours with his Dad down in the studio working on projects and just being together while Jane said she was treating herself to a little nap on the couch when Dom appeared from upstairs and said to her, "Mom aren't you going to come down with us?" and we Mom's know that is music to our ears. We have loved hearing of and reading about Dom's successes and triumphs personally and professionally and have been in awe of his creative abilities. He has touched our hearts and his life truly is A Special Gift to us all.

With love,
Bill and Marilyn McNamara


From Natalie:
Natalie here. I wish I was introducing myself to you under happiercircumstances. Thank you for your continued dedication to Dom and theblog you have posted to keep us all in the loop. I am writing tocontribute my Dom story.

Compared to everyone else on this blog and in Dom’s life, I have known Domfor about a heartbeat. But Dom has a way of treating people that makesyou feel like you have known him forever. As colleagues, we tend toignore that little HR device known as the “Edit Button”. In doing so Ifeel that Dom welcomed me into his life as a friend and not just aco-worker. My most memorable moment with Dom was when three of us playedthe most lewd game of Hang Man that anyone could imagine. Needless to saywe were in a situation where laughing out loud would have been…well,frowned upon, which made the laughter so much more intense and theexperience so hilarious for all involved. Not a day has gone by that Ihaven’t thought about Dom and the joy he brings to my life and thosearound me.
Bring it!
Nat

2 comments:

Sam Benham said...

I am so happy that I was able to grow up with a guy like Dominic to look up to. He always seemed bigger then life and over the past years I've realized that he is. Whether it was Dominic getting the haunted house ready for my parents Halloween party or going over to the Wayne/Tacketts to have a few beers with the older guys. I have the fondest memories of the time I spent with Dom. His toughness is unmatched and he has shown all of us something remarkable with his battle against cancer. Dom, I'll always remember to BRING IT thanks to the badass that you are!
Love, Sam Benham

Anonymous said...

[size=4][url=http://www.vipaocgold.com/][size=4]aoc gold[/size][/url] [url=http://www.vipaocgold.com/buy-aoc-gold/]buy aoc gold[/url] [url=http://www.vipaocgold.com/aoc-news/]cheap aoc gold[/url][/size]
[size=4][size=4][url=http://www.aocsale.com/][size=4][size=4]age of conan gold[/size][/size][/url][/size] [url=http://www.aocsale.com/buy-aoc-gold/]buy age of conan gold[/url] [url=http://www.aocsale.com/aoc-news/]cheap age of conan gold[/url][/size]
[size=4][url=http://www.cheaperzone.com/][size=4]warhammer gold[/size][/url]