Thursday, July 3, 2008

Big Sis...

This entry isn't so much a trip down memory lane, as it is a thank
you to each and every person who has played a role in this 30 month
long fight.

I've been here at the hospital (on again,off again) for the past 3
weeks. I have been so moved by all of the love and support shown to
my brother. I'd like to take a moment to thank a few people in
particular.

First, a thank you to my parents for their undying devotion to this
family. Dominic and I are the luckiest children I know. They have
both been bed side since day one. Here we are, all these months
later, still bedside. I don't know parents that love like this. You
have always put your role as "Parents" before any other. I hope I
can be at least half the parent you have been. Thank you Mom and
Dad.

Second, I'd like to thank Marshall. You'd think that Marshall was a
blood relative the way he has stepped up to the plate. Marshall has
traveled this journey with our family since the beginning. When
Dominic had his first surgery, Marshall started a web site and slept
in the hospital room with him. He brought food, ran errands,
answered emails, etc., etc., etc. Today, he's still here. He flies
in from Texas at the drop of a hat, masterminds the BLOG and gives me
hugs when I become too overcome with emotion. Thank you Marshall.

Matt. Well, Matt knows how I feel about him. He's like the brother
my brother never had. He has loved my brother through it all. He,
like Marshall, has run errands, treated to countless meals, helped
Dominic through Cemo weeks and accompanied him to many Dr.
appointments. He is till here, holding Dominic's hand. Thank you
Matt.

Last, but certainly NOT least, Scoob. I love this girl like a
sister. I love her for many of my own reasons, but mostly I love her
because my brother does. Dominic has loved Scoob since high school.
She was there for every seizure and she took time off work to sit at
all the important Dr. appointments. She's been here at the hospital
almost every day to hold his hand and whisper sweet nothings in his
ear. She was able to get him to respond when nobody else could.
Thank you Scoob.

While I've only taken the time to thank these few in detail, it in no
way diminishes what everyone else has done to contribute to this
fight. I love you all.

Sister Amy

1 comment:

The Guiltinan's said...

Our thoughts and spirit are with you --so much so--that I am typing this a second time because I screwed it up the first time -- blogs -- modern marvels of technology -- well can't complain - it is what has us so updated on Dominic's progress.

We love you and wish you, Mattie, Don, Jane and of course Dom and Scoob all the best in his recovery. If anyone can beat something like this -- it is him. If there is anything we can do for any of you, do not hesitate to let us know.

Everyone who has been blessed with knowing Dominic is a better person for it and this world is a much better place with his influence in it. His great talent and pleasant disposition is second to none and we are all routing for his speedy recovery.

The Guiltinan's