Wednesday, July 2, 2008

They don't stop...

From Aunt Iva:
Some of the fun times and important events bring to mind the family gatherings. (These would be your mom's side of the family.) One event being, Dominic and Amy, at about age 4 and 6, sitting on the rug at Grandma's Vina's home (Chester Ln.) playing Chinese Checkers. I am not sure if Amy was letting you win or you were stomping her.
One of the photos shows your home on "B" street. Remember the great play structure Ray built for you, Amy and all the neighbor friends? I am sure they remember a lot of fun times with you, letting the imagination go wild, pretending all sorts of adventures. The photo is of you sharing the fun with many cousins.

From Gary Sutherland:
Wow, Thanks for sharing all the sentiments.
In recalling the halcyon days of our youth, it seemed like I waspractically the 3rd member ofyours and Jane's family. From the time you let me flop on yourgarage-studio floor, just beforethe wedding, to my shift and residence as artist-night-watchman at the'M' Street studio. You, Jane and the family always made me feel a part. Even the holidays was ashared experience.

My thoughts and prayers have been with you and yours thru this entireordeal. My onlyregret was that I couldn't have known Dom better. I must have comeacross as Dad's oldservice buddy... someone who served in the trenches of freelance artback in the day.
When I was given the cook's tour of your new home on Elm back in '92,the onething that stood out was the gallery of Dom's creations. "Pure genius!"I thought.If only my parents had given me as much free reign.
Dom was in his mid-teens at the time we were introduced and preoccupied,so we didn't really get a chance to get acquainted. From the looks ofthings, I could totallyrelate to his choice in subject matter. I could have followed the samecourse had I beenallowed to, but we grew up in the stodgy button downed 50s.
At the risk of sounding elitist, in a society that favors MBAs andAccounting degrees,you and Jane facilitated an environment in-which a creative mind couldtruly flourish, in spiteof monetary gain, or in my case a lack thereof.
To say "JOB WELL DONE" is indeed an understatement.
All my best goes out to you,
your little buddy, Gary


From Marisa Honig:
I met Dom through Kelly Vee over 2 years ago, and although we have only hung out a handful of times I only have the fondest memories. We will forever have a bond, Dom was first diagnosed the same week my younger sister was diagnosed with lymphoma- a week I will never forget.
Dom is a truly an inspiration to all of us. He is a strong amazing person and is always in my thoughts.
XO Marisa

No comments: