Wednesday, July 2, 2008

From Sister Amy

From Amy...
Well everyone, I thought it was time for another entry from sis

After Dominic's first surgery, about 30 months ago, I found strengthwithin myself I didn't even know I had. Watching Dominic fightcancer, gave me the courage to make some of my own life changes. Ileft my husband of 4 years. All of a sudden I found myself a singlemom, unemployed and living with Mom and Dad. If this weren't badenough, I got a call from Dominic a few days later. I answered thephone expecting a lot of sympathy. Instead I got, "What's up? Youcan't stay with mom and dad and you need to get a job. I'm givingyou until my birthday to get a job and move out of Mom and Dad'shouse." At this point in the conversation I'm calculating how muchtime that gave me. Three months. That felt like a really tall orderat the time.

Needless to say, 3 weeks later, I got a teaching position at a localPre-School and six months later I found a house for Madison and me.I remember how proud I was to be able to tell Dominic I hadaccomplished both, maybe not within his time frame, but I did it! In the last year's time, after one of Domini'c's Cambria visits, heleft me a message that said, "Hey Amy, looks like you're doing good,kicking A-S-S, don't spell Mattie, proud of you, you're doing good."I kept the message and I listen to it almost everyday.

Dominic''s #1 fan, Amy

No comments: