Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Messages from loved ones...

From Tommy:
Dom IS the toughest son of a bitch I know, you areexactly right Craigers!!! He's the only other dude Iknow that, whether sober or not, will do a'three-point-stance' chest bump with me at my request,he's awesome! I love the guy, damb it, I knowwhenever I'm acting all weird or not into somethingthat everyone else is, he'll come join me and be weirdwith me (then will probably talk ish about it later onin jest and all of a sudden, it'll be his favoritestory for the next 2 years). Oh, man the stories, thegreat times we've had over all these years will last alife time, in fact it'll last longer then that becausebest believe I'll be telling my kids about the GreatDom and all the inspiration that he brings daily topeoples' lives. By reading all of these extremelytouching blogs that all you fine people have beenwriting, I can see the Great Dom has touched all ofyour lives like he has mine. I read that he isinspiring people to run that extra mile or do anotherrep in the gym or eat another taco (or burrito orchicken sandwich or cupcake or jalepino popper) and itjust makes me feel good. I can't imagine how good Donand Jane feel.

There is no secrete that Dom has an inner-circle (muchlike Kobe) and I'm proud to say that I'm in thatcircle but I'm also proud to say that so is hiswonderful parents!! Believe that!!! They may nothave blown gas or dropped as many deuces or belchedlike we have but they sure heard about it the nextday. Don and Jane have welcomed me into their livesfrom the moment I met them. Dom must've given meglowing reviews because they thought very highly of mebefore we even got to really know each other (I hope Ihaven't disappointed since). I felt like thatwhenever Dom would introduce me. It's always "Oh YOURTom, I've all heard so much about you." He would pumpme up (and I usually delivered) and make me feel likea million bucks!!I love the guy.I apologize to anyone who can't understand this entry. I really am a good writer, but this is the way Domwould want to read this, fo sho (for sure)
I'm killing that sixth taco right now for you baby!!!You inspire me! - T


From Dave Cross:
As a blood relative uncle we are a part of each other. I have only known you all of your life as a respectful, hard working, clever, creative, determined, a little to the quiet side individual.

Always a gentleman.

A sweet, caring, and loving person much like your mother.
A special guy with your own style much like your father.

To someone with such a gift for life, Dom, it is hard to know what to write at a time like this. I know further from reading the “Bring it Dom Blog Spot,” writings by so many, you rightfully have the respect, admiration and love of your family, friends, co-workers and others. As I have said in the past to others and as is in the song, “Nature Boy,” one of the greatest things you will ever learn is, “Just to love and be loved in return.” I will always love you Dom.

From Holly Coyle (my lil sister):
I am grateful Marshall found the brother that he always wanted through Dom (His attempted to trade me when I was born failed thankfully). Here are a few of my memories: family lunch dates at the Red Lobster in Valencia, spaghetti dinner at the Ambriz Home in Cambria, the times I would visit Marsh in LA, late night runs to Dell Taco, and most recently the Lakers game for Marsh's birthday. After reading all the blogs and stories about Dom, he is truly a remarkable, inspiring, and a very "keepin' it real" individual. My wish is that I can be half the person he is. Much love to all especially the Ambriz Family. BRING IT- Holly Coyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many of you know that I am from Michigan. My brother and I are the only ones in my family (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc...) that do not live there, so some holiday visits always left me wanting. They are the visits that you immensly enjoy, but due to distance and circumstance, I never have known all of my relatives as intimately as I want to. For me Dom is kinda like that. We have shared holidays, milestone celebrations, and some really fun nights of partying with Kelly, Marsh, Larkin, Benji, Amy, Tom, and all of the Wayne/Tacketts+. He is incredibly important to me, and every opportunity I had to spend with Dom, always left me wanting more. To me, Dom is a quiet observer, storyteller, and a genuinely kind, caring creature.

My favorite story that was precipitated by Dom, would be our infamous Thanksgiving foot race. Though the results are still being debated...Dom, Ray, and I stopped traffic on 19th street to do a 50 yard dash. I'm not sure how many 40's of O.E. were consumed before this event took place, but a crowd of about 15 people witnessed Dom kick our rear ends. EVERYBODY saw me come in a close second, but when Ray conceded, he still said it didn't count because he "pulled a muscle."...right. It was the best Thanksgiving I have ever had, and I will forever be indebted to Dom for rising to the challenge! We love you Dom! Toni, Ray, and Mia