Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The man is a fun cat...

From Vidosh:
I have known Dom since my college days when he lived with Marsh, Matt, and Chuck. Originally, I knew him as Marsh's pal from Baketown, but now I am so lucky to call Dom one of my friends from L.A. As many of you stated, Dom is a strong, incredible man. Every time I see Dom, I think, man, I should go running or work out tomorrow. He is an inspiration to us all! My most favorite memory of Dom was at Matt's 30th in Vegas. Kelly, Rebecca and I left brunch to go meet up with Dom at the hotel room. He was patiently waiting for us because, of course, we were late. We decide it's a great idea to throw on some tunes (of the urban variety) and have a little party in the room. All the other guys were down at the pool, but Dom was a trooper and decided to join the dance party, all the while showing us up with his ghetto dance style. The guy's got moves! I've attached some photos from the dance party (and a couple of other good time events) :) I'm so incredibly fortunate to have Dom in my life and to have spent time with the Ambriz family. Don and Jane are amazing parents, and clearly Dom is surrounded by the most wonderful people on earth. God Bless



From Rebecca:


My most precious memory of Dom comes from a time when I was not even with him. I was in France last September when the news came that Dom was going back into surgery. I spent the next couple of hours distraught and crying in Monet's Gardens. I stopped at one point and stared at a beautiful plant thinking "If Dom saw me right now, he'd slap me". I immediately stopped my tears, put a smile on my face and (VERY illegally) picked a flower from the plant. I sent it to Dom in a card and the picture of Dom's plant is up in my living room to remind me that smiles and joy are what sustains us, not fear and tears.





When I came home a few weeks later the things I wanted to do most were: have a burrito, watch Britney's performance at the MTV Awards and talk to Dominic. When I got him on the phone and told him that was the order in which I had completed my tasks, he was like - "I understand". Only Dom would support burritos being more important than cancer. And I will always love him for that. My eternal gratitude to Don, Jane and Amy for bringing to life such an amazing person. I am blessed and humbled to call you and your son my friends.


From Cousin Grant -
Hey Dom,It's your big cousin Grant - It is so cool sharing the same interests in art - monsters, science fiction stuff, drawing and sculpting- I remember when Uncle Don and I went to visit you at art college- seeing your work station and all the cool stuff you were working on. And then to go on and design for Mattel- WOW!I have been thinking about all the times you would come down to the studio I had by your folks shop and the great times we had hanging out and drawing together.Remember the time you and your Dad tried to scare me by yelling outside the studio door? Just another fun day ha ha ha! It meant a lot to me and you mean a lot to me.I love you man-Grant

No comments: