Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dominator, a.k.a. Dom-the-Bomb:


[My husband, Benji is Dom's best friend (from kindergarten). Believe it or not, I have known Dominic for the same amount of time that I have known Benj. I met them both sophomore year of high school, which was 13 years ago.]

Memories from back in high school have become fuzzy, but always include the infamous OP, big red, and I will never forget going to Rusty's and watching pro-wrestling, and seeing for the first time what it is like when Dom is pumped up, "Give 'em the stunner" and "IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER!" Dom, you are so hilarious when you are "en fuego" (as Benji would put it). How many nights have you had us rolling with laughter?

More memories from sophomore year, like cruisin' in Grendel with Jessica Allred and working on the floats. Getting into lots of trouble (but not too much) with our extended group of friends. If I had a dollar for every time you screamed at the top of your lungs, "Seniors '98". Remember Mr. Burke's class? Days of our Lives and Sammy? Econ, Mr. O'Conner, and the stock exchange? That may have been pre-email; I think those computers were the first PC's we had ever touched. Remember the trip to Rosarita freshman year of college? If I had a memory like you, Dom, I could recall everything in detail.

I want to take this opportunity, also, to honor the friendship that you, Marshall, Benji and Larkin have. It is an amazing one that has transcended miles and years. It seems like every holiday or gathering has involved a Monopooly game that extends late into the night. This, along with traditions like 2 on 2 basketball and 40s of malt liquor (usually not at the same time, but I wouldn't put it past you guys) were always highly anticipated with lots of hype (and a little trash talking). You all are my family; you have always included and welcomed me with a 40 of my own (if I could hang).

Over the years, I also have had the chance to get to know your family as well. I feel so lucky to have spent time with you, Don, Jane, Amy and Maddie in Cambria over the years. I have so many fond memories in Cambria, chatting, taking runs (or walks), and eating great meals together. Benji and I always have joked that we were staying at the Ambriz Bed and Breakfast. We always felt like we were home.

Dominic, Don, Jane, Amy and Madison, I love you all.

From Amy (Thistle) Tackett

No comments: