Wednesday, July 2, 2008

From Dad...

You could have asked either of our children, Amy or Dominic, what myfavorite word in the whole wide world is and they could quicklyrespond - "Dad". I love the word and I love what it means. I had aspecial relationship with my Dad and am thankful for the wonderful relationship I have with our children. We all share many relationships, but one that has always been dear to my heart is that of a father and son....it is a bond, different than any other ... a connection. Jane and I worked hard at raising our children - always hoping to have the presence of mind to do what was right. We represent for every school assembly, carnivals, working in the classrooms, athletic games and any activity our children were involved. I was blessed with a happy childhood and wanted the same for Amy and Dominic.
While in college Dom, was sitting in a Child Psych class - the topic was affects of childhood - they went around the room and fellow student after student talked about what an unhappy childhood they all had. Dom was really taken back. He said are you kidding me? I had a great childhood!
I am so moved at the connection Dom has made with so many - hisco-workers, childhood friends, his Doctors and even the 4th floorS taff at Cedars, who are currently caring for him.I am in awe and so very proud of Dom's accomplishments and how he has lived his life. Dominic has inspired me to live my life differently - to raise my personal bar!

He is my HERO.

Love, "Dad"

p.s. Three of Dom's close friends from MATTEL dropped by with his 5 Year Anniversary plaque. He had also chosen an Anniversary Gift to commemorate this occasion. When we opened it, there was no questionas why he made this particular gift selection - it was a Victorinox Swiss Army Duffel...Dom knows how much I like the Swiss Army product....this was a gift for his "Dad".

No comments: