Sunday, August 3, 2008

Messages...

From Tracy:
Many a day in the early morning part of it, as I am lying in bed thinking about the start of my new day surrounded by 2 dogs and 3 cats, my thoughts drift to the two of you in room 4811 where I can see you sleeping side by side in a twin roll away bed with one's feet at the other's head and I am reminded of the time, long ago when you told me
how you and Jane had made a pack with each other that you would always be there for your children - no matter what! The images of the day I visited you all several weeks ago at Cedars will stay with me and show me what true love is, and how in the face of fear, and utter exhaustion, WHAT the face of complete and utter devotion looks like. I saw what it means to TRULY STAY THE COURSE. There was a grace about the two of you
that reminded me of how Generals McArthur and Patton must have felt in the war room during World War Two: Resilience, Weariness, Sadness, Tactical Actions/Plans and above all no one is to give up. (Thank you Prime Minister Churchill.) I was just thinking yesterday, I really want you to go home to H.B. and be there with the Family and so Jane can have something to eat other that her institutional soup and that was before I even new this is what the new plan is.

Also, I have been wanting to write but I wasn't sure about my love for Hellyboy is the appropriate subject matter but what ever and the hedoublehockysticks is really coming out of me now.

Last week, I saw Hellboy 2. I have always loved Hellboy. Really I love the director, Guillermo del Toro. I was introduced to his work, with the film "Cronos" which I saw at my beloved Tejon Theater (member our going away party for Tim and Karrie at the theater. Did I mention they are now incredibly successful in Austin, TX.)

I got thinking about the nature of Hellyboy and I wonder the following: would Dom and Scoob watch Hellboy on their weekly Friday movie nights? Would Dom have created the Hellyboy character and then make a mask, hang it on his wall where upon Amy's Jeff would ask him about it. Really, I think for me, Dom and Hellyboy share some of the same traits: the obvious - strength. A good look - ok, Dom isn't red but I could totally
see him wearing a duster and if he carried guns he would carry a big one. Dom and HB share a need to be honest and true about what is at hand. Maybe Dom doesn't love kittens to the extent HB does, but perhaps if he didn't live in an apartment he would get a kitten. I'm not sure he has or would ever develop a taste for Cuban cigars and really chances
are D and J would nix that one. Ultimately, for me what reminded me of the similarities between Dom and Hellboy are their traits of strength/gentleness. Both are with-in them like two heads of the same coin. In this one scene, Hellboy has to fight a monster while holding a new-born baby. To me, I could see Dom doing that. If Dom would have had
children (let's pretend he and Scoob are parents) and Scoob has to go to Target - well, first Dom would be lifting weights in the living room with one hand and holding the baby with the other. He would be utterly devoted to his child - just like his parents.
I love you Don and Jane Ambriz!

Tracy Lovelace signing off.

*******************************************************

From Rebecca (Dom's cousin)
Dominic,

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!

Please know, I'm praying for you with my whole being, Dominic.
I think of you often through out the day.
I have my autographed “Bring-IT” t-shirt hanging in the bedroom so
every time I walk-in a prayer goes out.

I'm praying for you all!! I love you Aunt Jane and Uncle Don!!

Honestly, I've been checking the blog daily, but I just didn't know
quite what to say.

Dominic, you've taught me a great deal through your "Bring-It"
lifestyle. I have learned so much about you through this blog. I
loved the picture of your Marathon FINISH and Muscle Men Swimming
photo! Actually, I've started juicing... I want to live a healthy
lifestyle! You really do push people to challenge themselves by way of
example, thank you.

I love you so much!

(Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Marshall for setting this blog up, I
can't express in words how wonderful this has been to share in this
community!)

All the best,
Rebecca

No comments: