Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bring It Messages

My name is Tim Johnston. My mother Marilyn is a good friend of Don and Jane Ambriz. I never had the opportunity to meet their wonderful son, or Don and Jane for that matter, but their son's life as well as their own has been an inspiration since my mother first told me he had cancer.

I, like so many have asked why God could take someone so young with so much life to live. I've thought long and hard about it, I've come to this conclusion which I will accept as God's answer. Dominic's purpose in this life was complete, his sacrifice of more time on earth like so many before him has caused us all to focus on the things that really matter.

God, Family and Friends. It's amazing how God works. Dominic's life was an inspiration to someone he never knew and I am forever grateful! To Don and Jane. The world has been looking for an example of God's Love. I think we have all witnessed it in the last 62 days.

I did not directly know him, but I can tell that his character has influenced more people than anyone could imagine. He was surrounded by good people. People like him are a blessing in our lives and will always live in the hearts of those who he touched. Mine and my family's condolences and prayers go out to his family and network of friends.
Javier Monge

This morning when I woke up, Dom was the first person that came tomind and he has remained there since. Yesterday was one of the mostincredible days I have ever experienced. As painful as it was and willcontinue to be, I was reminded how amazing our whole group is and howmuch Dom has changed all of us forever.When I got out of bed, I wentoutside to get the paper and read my dad's beautiful article. AlthoughI had already read it a couple of times yesterday, I took it into theroom where Amy was sleeping and we read it together, lying in bed. Icontinue to be amazed by my sister's strength. We joked about how ifDom saw us being lazy in bed, he would tell us to get up and take a run.

Tacketts- thank you for opening up your home to all of us yesterdayand last night. What a special day.

I love all of you so much. Let's live every day the way Dom would wantus to and continue to bring it. - Katie Benham

My name is Rita Martinez and I was a long time business associate of Earthworm Studios, a soft place to fall. I was deeply saddened when I received the email and article from my son Jonathan Martinez who still lives in Bakersfield 1/2 block from where Don and Jane used to live on B Street. Jonathan lives in my house on the corner of 22nd and B Street. I have since moved to the beach.

I would like to make a donation in the area where Don and Jane need it the most. They must be devastated. I myself have been a regular at Cedars at the Guilda Radner Center for nine years and one thing I know is our children should never leave their parents first. But as a believer, God wants the great ones also. I guess that's why this grumpy woman is still here. My children John and Rebecca absolutely adored Don Ambriz and thought he could draw and accomplish anything. I still have his work hanging at both my houses. Remembrances of the past are most cherished. Every time we pass their old house on B street, we all remember the Ambriz family. Some people you never forget as they have maintained such an impact on your life. Please email so I may forward some money or be of help in some other way. I would have loved to attend the celebration of his life and see Don and Jane, but I just got the news this afternoon.

To Don and Jane and his cherished friends, I'm so sorry,
Rita A. Martinez

No comments: